Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Many people are kicking around the 'whatcha doing New Year's?' question.    So I'll just put it out here.  

First, I really don't make any plans, and staying home is just a fine idea.    And with no plan, that's usually the way it goes.  

One of my personal highlights on this night home is oiling my easel.  Oh, the excitement you say!    Ok, its not the crazy party of my past, but somehow its a thing that has evolved into a tradition for me and it makes me happy.   Starting a new year with my equipment ready says I am planning to be painting and working on my art.   Some years I even did a painting as well, what a wild night!
  Pretty simple really.   My plan for this new year isn't much different than last year's, just that I want to do more of it....and by it, I mean art and riding both.  
I have gotten a couple new books on drawing, as I would like to use these cold winter days for study, and improve my skills.   I plan to do lots of exercises, so I had the local print shop bind up some big newsprint pads into smaller, more useable sizes.  The first book I'm working on is by James Gurney and Thomas Kinkade.   (took forever to find an affordable one!)  I must say, wow, this book is fantastic!   Highly suggested, full of good stuff.

So I guess that's as far as I've gotten.   Not any big wild party or major happening, but it makes me happy, and that's what counts, right!?  

No comments: