Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bouncing Baby Girl

Today is one of those blog posts about my little farm rather in addition to art.   To me, all aspects of my life are tangled up so much that they all seem related.   This last week was hard, I lost my best dairy goat during labor.  Also lost 2 newborns, one from each of the 2 does I have/had.   

The good part is I have 2 boys from the momma I still have, and one small but perfect girl from the one I lost.   She will be bottled for months, but she is healthy and very bouncy!    Baby goats are a cross between a puppy and bunny!
Meet Triskit, the little girl from my best doe, NillaWafer.  One day old here. 


Art-wise, I went out painting a couple times, this spring weather is just too much for me to ignore and stay inside, even in my little haven of a studio.   This first one, a friend dropped by and we went to an old farmstead.   That's the kind of drop in's I like!!   We had a grand time, she made a painting of the house, which was very difficult.  I wussed out and just did the little road leading to the back fields. 
 And this is just across the section from my house, within a mile of my front door.   I've gone here several times and dont' feel I've gotten my fill yet, just something about it 'draws' me there, oh , aren't I funny?!
 Both these little pieces are done on sanded paper pieces cut from larger paintings, mounted onto board.   And of course, both are for sale!

No comments: