Thursday, August 20, 2015

Reception!

Hello fair readers in blogger-land!   Its been a crazy week, I took my daughter to college, so now have dealt with the big-bad empty nest.   Was tough for a couple days, but my dear sweet daughter has made it easier on me by sending  texts, or pm's on Facebook, and even a couple calls.   


One thing about an empty nest is that it leaves yet more time to paint.   This is a cabin belonging to a friend from the upper part of the state.   I often use black artist's tape around my paintings to section them off, it makes it easier to judge the edges of the image area.  
Connie's Cabin;    6x11pastel on Uart    $100.
  I just joined a brand new gallery, located on Main Street in Mitchell SD.   This Friday, August 21, from 6pm til 8pm, I'll be talking about art and pastel, doing a live demo,  and have a few extra paintings on display so please come!!   I would love to see you there!

Clouds on the way; 7x9pastel   $40.
And finally, this little painting is one from my workshop last weekend, well, from the plein air the night before actually.   7x9 on primed hardboard.   This was from the overlook park area, and the view was so huge and vast, all I could do was pick a teeny part of it.   Gorgeous area, along the Niobrara River.   I highly suggest a trip there if you ever have the time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work! I can't make the trip this time, but maybe next time. Best wishes!

Patty said...

Gosh, I knew you back when...you've made amazing strides and I'm absolutely delighted for you. Congratulations!