Monday, October 5, 2015

Paint Out!

Belle Fourche paint out was a great time!   3 days of painting in a historic town.  

 The first morning was raining and cold, but I still managed a painting after eggs at a cafe.   It can be fun to paint a day different than the sunny perfect type!     The rest of the weekend was great weather, a good turn out for the show/sale, and always good to meet up with fellow artists again.   Since being an artist is often done solo, this sort of gathering means a lot to me.

and of course, again, no photos.  I know, I know!  when am I going to learn?   Thankfully, Marcy, the coordinator, actually did snap one with her ipad.   Thanks, Marcy!



All 7 of the weekend's paintings found a new home!  And one was a winner in the show--2nd place!

A big thanks to the work of those who put on such events, and also to the people who come and support us.   


2 comments:

Art From My Heart said...

Way to go, Chris. Nice blog but I didn't see where I could "follow" you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your win and your sales, Chris :) Maybe next year I'll be able to include the Belle Fourche event in my outings, too. It is so nice to have more going on right in South Dakota than we can get to!