Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Black Board

As anyone who's tried to take a photo thru glass knows, you usually get something like this.....
All glare, and often almost a mirror of the photo-taker.   


In my haste I forget to take a final photo of commissions for my own records before it's all framed up under glass.   The proper way is of course, remember to take good photos before but there is a way to take a photo if you forget.....

I use a black board.  I painted a large piece of cardboard with black tempra paint.  I used tempra as I had it on hand, and its very flat when dried.   I have used felt in the past, but it got little lints fuzzies so I think this one will work better.

As you can see, there is a little hole cut in the middle, where I stick my camera lens thru.    This cannot be too big or light will poke around the edges, making little glare spots.    This isn't for high quality photos, but does the job fairly well for certain uses.





No comments: