Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I Have the Power!

....tools, that is.   Love me some power tools.   They used to scare me and I still have a very healthy respect for them and take all the precautions.   But I think power tools give me power!   Today I used my chop saw and a power drill.

This is/was my cutting box for my soaps.  that front part *had* a stop on it so the soaps were all the right size and evenly cut.  This was my first attempt at making a cutter box, and it worked ok for a year now, but had several flaws.   The stop snapped off last night, so time to get building....

This one is the bomb!   It has a must sturdier front end and stop so my soaps won't come out wedge cut.   A handle on top also keeps the sideboards from wobbling.   All from scrap made and custom sized!   Like most projects, took me longer than expected but the price was right and I didn't have to compromise on the size, etc.  

There are only a couple more weeks for discounts in the studio!   10% off soaps, and up to 75% on everything else, including incoming framing and painting commissions!

I will be making soaps often in the next few weeks, and those will need time to sit and cure before use, but they will be ready to leave the shop very soon, don't let this chance slip past you!

No comments: