Monday, February 20, 2017

Getting Ready!

I am spending a good amount of time getting myself in order to teach the workshop THIS Saturday, wohoo!  

But I don't skip out on my daily hike very often, and instead of painting inside, I have been doing some little nature sketching instead.     While the dogs run around after mice and rabbits, I grab a hunk of ground and my itty-bitty sketch journal and relax.  

Everything is brown this time of year, so I used walnut ink in a waterbrush, ink, and a white gel pen for highlights.    I have no idea how long I spend at these, the time just slips by with the breeze.  

2 comments:

Hedda said...

This is incredibly beautiful,Chris, the photo and the sketch! And walnut ink seems like the perfect medium, because that brown really is so beautiful, with the pale blue of the sky. All the best on your workshop, and all your beautiful pastel paintings too.

Pastel Chris said...

thanks Hedda! I am really having fun with this ink in the waterbrush.