Monday, January 29, 2018

Just sketchin'

I had a fun commission to do and since it cannot be shown yet, I will just show what I do in my free time...some sketching.   I need to do more, can never do enough really.   Its one of those things that is hard to sit down to do but yet when I finally get to it, I just can't believe I put it off!  

One of my favorite things to do is sit down with my laptop or phone and do small thumbnail sketches.   When one really makes me take notice, I'll set up to paint it either right away or at least very soon.  

This really is a good habit, far better than watching tv or endless facebook surfing.    Then when painting time comes around, I am not fiddling and wasting time finding something to paint.  My sketchbooks are messy and private, so I am free to mess up, scribble, and experiment. 

Here are some samples, some messier, some a bit more refined...


No comments: