Monday, May 5, 2014

Workshop

Good morning!   Another week is starting, and starting well--its sunny and for once, not windy, and even warm!   ahhh, birds singing, clothes on the line, garden is sprouting.   Days like this make it pretty tough to stay inside, even in my studio.   This is where plein air comes into play.

Here's a little piece I did recently when a friend came to visit for a couple days, it was great fun to have someone to go paint with! 

This was done on a piece of mat board coated with Art Spectrum primer applied in a haphazard, criss-crossing brushed on way.   I very much love the deep red to paint greens onto.  

If learning to work with pastels, both studio and plein air, you might consider the workshop opportunity coming up July 25,26,27 in Platte, SD.    Leave a note and I'll get you signed up!   There are only a few spots left, as I like my classes very small, so I can really work with each person.    It will be a very fun, rewarding, relaxing but also very inspiring weekend of art, nature and friendship!   You won't be sorry unless you miss it!

No comments: