Sunday, March 27, 2016

A new project for April!

It's really late on Easter Sunday; I hope yours was a peaceful day, mine was great!   Spent it with my family and close friends, good food, sunshine and horses!   

I am pretty excited about an art project I've given myself--a 30-30.   That is, 30 paintings in 30 days.  And just so happens in a few short days, just such a month is coming up.   So I've spent some time getting ready.  

I have wanted to try this for some time, but geeze, it's scary to commit like this!  and now its even public!  eek!   So to stack the odds in my favor, I have done some prepping to secure success.

First, I considered what I'd actually paint, and what size to work.  I am going small sized, from 5x7 up to 10x10 to make it do-able even on a busy day.  Most is uart 500, but there are a few Richardsons (red).   One is toned but I plan to tone more as I go.    
I am not going to limit my subject, but most will be landscapes, and I may toss in a couple other things.   I have gone thru tons of files on my computer, and put about 50-60 in one new folder on my desktop--no wasting time searching when I am ready to paint! 

I hope to post them each few days at least, and that you'll help cheer me on!   Or even join me! 

No comments: