Thursday, April 14, 2016

A sucker for raspberry!

Raspberry is a favorite flavor, and my daughter brought a couple of these tootsie-pops home for me.   On a whim I put one in an old baby food jar I had sitting on the window ledge.   The sun came thru and highlighted this set up and I knew it had to be painted!

This however was months (a year?) ago!   Another bonus of working small--I can get to all those 'someday' ideas!   I'm burning thru ideas daily!   Some might be done up as a larger work, but mostly I think I'm happy just letting them be what they are. 

Another side effect of this small painting, daily painting in general I suppose, is that I think about art sooo much more!   I've got art on my mind all day long!   How I'll paint that idea I have, how I'd chose for a color I see in the grasses, how that line merges with the background.....I am noticing so much more when I am riding, hiking, just doing chores.  

And it is feeling so fluid!   Often I let too much time go before I get some art time in.  Then I feel stiff and rusty.  Not today!    Altho I will be honest, doing it daily is tough!   Really hard!   I am busy like everyone else, but knowing I want to do this project has been a terrific push.   I am highly recommending it, as so many have to me!   They were right.
5x7 on black colorfix paper    "Raspberry Sucker"

No comments: