Thursday, April 28, 2016

Bucket Calf


I am almost done with my 30/30 project.   I have learned so many tiny things and highly recommend it.    It feels like so many of the lessons were such small things, it's almost hard to pinpoint.  But some things are pretty easy to see..
  • .I have far more time to paint than I thought.  
  •  I can get a lot done with short but regular bits of time even when busy or tired.  
  • Its a lot of fun to experiment!
  • Small paintings have huge lessons
  • working often means what you are on a roll with continues the next day
  • Having a 'wall of works' is very satisfying!
Today I waited a bit too long and almost didn't paint.  I am tired and just felt like going to bed.  Then I put to use a little trick I use "just 15 minutes"; where for just that time I get busy even if tired.  If after 15, I still feel the same, I let it go.   But often, like tonight, I wasn't going to quit just yet!   

My friend had gotten several bucket calves last year and I brought my camera when I went to go see them.   This little cutie was sunning himself and I just loved his expression!  
8x10 uart500    Bucket Calf  ©CM Cernetisch

No comments: