Tuesday, January 17, 2017

February 25th, Mitchell SD workshop

Hello!    I've been working hard at my daily paintings for January.    And planning for the upcoming Techniques in Pastel workshop I am offering on February 25th in Mitchell SD, from 10 til 5.   

This is a workshop for those who'd love to give pastel a try.   No huge list to buy for this class, no way!   This class is about using some of what you already have, getting a few things extra, and I am sharing some of my own things as well.   One thing I get asked a LOT is "I don't know where to start, what to even buy!"    Or worse, those who've gotten some pastels and haven't used them.   

We'll go thru what materials are available, and attributes of each.   We'll discuss organizing all these lovely colors into a working palette that's easy to manage.   A bit of time will be spent on ways to take your pastels outdoors for some plein air fun, and how to get those finished pieces home safe and sound.   Framing will also be discussed;   many demos and hands on experimenting. 

There is only a couple weeks left of the early registration, after February 3rd, the price goes up to $60.   So get signed up now for the early price of $50.    Limited class size!  

This class won't be offered again for quite some time, so now's the time to get those pastels out and get dusty!  








No comments: