Wednesday, April 30, 2014


And we’re off……

Hello peoples.  My first ever blog post.  hmm.  there is lots of white space here to fill!   I plan to post at least once a week, mostly about art, but some about my days on my little ‘farmette’.   My family is myself, my husband “Stableboy” and our daughter.   Stableboy and I have been married for over 20 years, grew up in eastern Iowa and moved here around 18 years ago.   We have 8 horses, 3 of which are my own, I have also 5 goats, consisting of 2 bucks, 2 milkers and one antique doe named ethel.   4 dogs, 2 walker hounds Stableboy and daughter hunt coons with, 2 yard pets.   A small flock of layer hens that keep us and others in fresh eggs. 
I have done a ton of paying jobs in my years, but now stay at home, tending my various ‘flocks’, and doing ART.  Pastel art to be specific.   I like to ride my horse to lovely places, that are not easy to get to as they are the prettiest—not being all messed up by humans.   I like plein air, and going on paint outs with other artists.   I also like teaching about pastel.    So please join me, share me, follow me as I show you my life, my art and my critters!

No comments: