|Preliminary sketch of Spook,who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge|
Well, that's what many believe and most artists wish were true, but boy is that ever wrong!!
Today, this week in fact, this artist hasn't touched a drawing, pencil or pastel in an artsy way whatsoever. So what did I do all week you ask?
- Updated my website
- Got a new email for my art site
- Signed up for Fed Ex online to ship from home
- Shipped out a large painting
- Checked the supply list to a workshop I've signed up for
- Checked supplies to fill that list
- Several correspondences with new and previous client,
- Started a new Facebook page just for my art
- Cleaned the studio (just a little!)
- Bought some supplies in a bigger town while on a trip with Daughter
- Cut a mat, chop a frame and frame the painting
- Taught a class of 12 teenagers
That's besides the stuff everybody's gotta do like bills, housework, cooking and being a mom and wife and caretaker of my animals.
So sometimes, sure, an artist has the luxury of spending a ton of time on a painting, fully immersed and zoned out to the world and its great! But, other times its just plain old icky work! And like many artists, I have to do all those jobs myself.
Today I do want to give a huge shout out Thank You to godaddy--this site has real people to answer the phone and the kindest fella, Michael, walked me thru a lot of the website updates. I highly recommend this site for domain names, websites and email that is all connected, making things easier.
|The final painting still on the easel with the printed photo. The owner told me the horse was black, so I had to rely my own knowledge of horse colors as the photo shows too much red/rusty tones.|