Thursday, December 31, 2015

Changes

This time of year, lots of people are thinking of what changes they want to see in the coming new year.   I just don't put a lot of stock in resolutions, but I have made some changes, to my studio!
My dear Stableboy built me a wall, where some very ugly curtains once hung, to separate the storage room of our home, from my painting area. 
I used closet doors to keep as much space as possible in both rooms, and used branches for handles as I like natural elements. 

I painted it a cream color as I wanted to keep it fairly neutral but warm, so not to confuse my color choices since this wall is directly behind my easel.   Trim is all dove grey.

  I put a picture rail up to the left of the doors, as I need a place to leave works to 'simmer' a while before I am sure its done.

And for fun, I used a vintage enamel pot as a pendant light shade over my seating areas, so I can read all my art books!

I love this change, and am itching to get back to the easel, bring on 2016!

No comments: