Thursday, January 1, 2015

ITS 2015!!!

Are you all sleeping in?  with critters, that is something that doesn't happen.   Kind of a trade off, you get to have the milk, ride the horse, gather the eggs, but you have to do so timely, daily, no matter what.  I think its a pretty fair trade tho.!

I did not party as I did days past, I didn't even have anyone over.   In fact, my midnight kiss wasn't even offered with much enthusiasm as he was chewing on a rawhide.   Some date.
My New Year's Eve date.


I did do what has become my normal Eve event--clean and oil my easel, then paint.   Somehow this is a very soothing thing for me, like a promise to myself to honor my art spirit.   I love the smells of the murphy's soap and the lemon oil, and the fresh start on day one of the new year.

For my last piece of 2014, I chose a scene I've had stored on my camera card a few months now, and it wasn't so much about painting the place, but about the color.   I was riding my horse Copper, heading home and it was getting cold and some weather was setting in.   I only use a smaller point-n-shoot camera as its easy to tote, and the photos aren't so perfect, leaving me room to add my own voice. 

Lucas Farm House, 10x15 pastel, copyright CM Cernetisch   $165.
This is 10x15 on a piece of Wallis Belgium Mist I found last week when repainting the frame room.    the warm grey color felt right for this idea.   I also worked quite a bit without the photo at all, once I had the block in done.  Then I returned the the photo, on my laptop, for finishing details.  That is a really fun way to work.  

So that concludes this year of art, horses and farmlife.  Stay tuned for scenes from the upcoming year!

No comments: