Saturday, May 7, 2016

Plein Air again!

Ah, I just love to paint outside.   It doesn't even matter that much if the piece turns out, just the experience is worth the effort.  

I love my full french easel, I guess when I am getting 'serious', but some days I just head out with my sketchbox.   A lightweight folding camp chair and a messenger bag with extras, and I'm good to go!     

My sketchbox doesn't have a ton of pastels, but its plenty.   I also have a few pastel pencils tucked in; a warm and cool grey, a black, a white charcoal pencil, a pale yellow and ochre green.   As a pencil gets short in the studio, I save them for my sketchbox.  

Arty came along and chased frogs and birds while I painted.   The wildlife was so loud!  

With a storm moving in, it was very still and the colors were subtle, doubled by the large 'pond' from the heavy rains all week.    I did an underwash of a sienna tone on uart paper.    I liked the way the old corn stalks looked like whisker stubble!

plein air--May 6    uart500   6x12


No comments: