Friday, December 26, 2014

I'm so tired of painting....

Hmm, maybe I better clarify this.   I am sick and tired of this kind of painting...
One more corner to prime and paint

ugh, the dust and clutter are everywhere!
I should've waited til the trim was on!    Its not as yellow in real life, either, but as least now its so cheerful and bright!   Much more energy from this color.
I don't think I'll ever tire of THIS kind tho!.......
River Ridge Trail   9x12 pastel on PastelMat paper.   $165


I had a few days that I could finally devote to repainting that dull grey in the studio, to a light, pale, sunny yellow.   This has taken so long as I can only do one area at a time due to all the 'stuff'.   But it'll be finished today, and then a New Year can begin with a spiffy studio.    Here's one corner, with a vintage hutch added to display my handmade goat's milk soaps, note cards and mini paintings....


The painting in this post was done on my wall-painting break.   It's a place I rode my horse several times this past summer-- a pickup trail that is at the top ridge of the west side of Missouri River.   The families who own the land graciously let me ride there any time, and its just such a pretty place.  One of my favorite rides.    More paintings will come from that area, no doubt!   I didn't make good time on those rides due to gawking around at how amazing that place is!

Also for this painting, I wanted to try out the new pastel surface, PastelMat.   This was done on a deep gold color from a 9x12 pad.     Its a nice paper, didn't seem to eat up pastels, and did take plenty of layers.   I did seem to feel it didn't do as well using harder pastels, I found using softer types like Unison and Ludwig worked better for me on this.   I think I am somewhat heavy handed if that makes any difference.    I would certainly use it again, but I think I will be happier to continue using my sanded surfaces .  

Our holiday was nice, we didn't go far from home and its most certainly white!    Got in a freezing cold bareback ride with Daughter, visited some friends, had supper with the family which now include 2 of the cutest sweet baby boys ever known!!    With some chocolates and the time for some art, I'd call that a well done holiday!   Wishing the best for you as well!!
 

No comments: