Monday, April 4, 2016

Day 4, Resting

No, I'm not resting, today was another perfect spring day, and I spent most of it outside with horses.   So, again, I am painting late!   But this one felt really good going on, and I'm happy with it.

I've noticed its easy to feel rushed painting later in the day, but that's not true, I can paint as long as I like!   Since I am working small for this project, it gives me the freedom to enjoy the day as I did, and still have plenty of studio time.  Another bonus of working small.

I took the reference while visiting a friend near Webster.  (Hi Connie!)   She is also an artist, and we went sightseeing, what fun!!   These 2 fellas were enjoying the late afternoon sun.  Even at rest, they have a powerful presence about them. 

I used a 5 1/2 x 10 1/2 Uart 500 mounted to mat board (rag).   I like this better than the foam board pieces for some reason.   I used my laptop to display the photo up to a point, then I just go with what feels good.  

No comments: