Monday, April 11, 2016

Now Why Don't She Write?*

*(ten points for the one who knows where that line came from!)

Yesterday I went on a little adventure, to pick up a pony cart in Custer.  My friend bought it, she asked me to go along.   Sounded like a good time!   Except the "pick you up at 6am" part.   That wasn't so fun for a night owl type such as myself.

But I managed, and had a great time doing it.  We made a wrong turn which may have turned out nicely, as we found a neat little camping place for horses! 

Then we found the place, had a fine time talking horse to the owners, seeing their Freisians who did some tricks for us! 

I will be honest, we were home in time to do my painting, but, I didn't.   I was tired.  And my Nora-goat had her babies, triplets!   I also had to bed down the 2 chicks I got in Rapid City, they'd already had a long day.  

5x7   Pasture Sunset
But tonight I just got out a small 5x7 brick red Richardson paper, and a reference I've been eyeing a while now.  It was somewhat more complex, but being tired, and it's late, that kept me from getting too picky.   I wanted to convey the feeling but not spell it out.  It went down quick and I like the results.    Its a view I see almost nightly, as its the treeline between our barnyard and the horse pasture.  



No comments: